Thank you for your interest in Career Pathways Summit 2016 (#CareerPS16) hosted by the Classroom of the Future Foundation (CFF) in San Diego, CA! This page was designed to provide quick links to all information about the 2016 summit, including information for the event, sessions, presenters, downloads and networking.
- Date: Tuesday, September 20, 2016
- Time: 8:00am – 2:00pm PT
- Location: National University Spectrum Center, 9388 Lightwave Avenue, San Diego, CA 92123 (MAP)
- 8:00am – 9:00am: Guest check in, continental breakfast, and networking
- 9:00am – 9:20am: Welcome by Summit MC Drew Schlosberg, San Diego Union-Tribune; Dr. David Andrews, President, National University; Rachel Sibley, INFORM Journeys; James Wright, Classroom of the Future Foundation; Larry White and Kelly McKinney, Vista Unified School District
- 9:20am – 10:00am: Keynote Presentation by Rob Atterbury, Director, District and Regional Support, ConnectEd: The California Center for College and Career; Interview with Dan Robles and Derek Kirk
- 10:00am – 10:45am: Main Panel Discussion: Moderated by Drew Schlosberg, San Diego Union-Tribune; Panelists include: Rob Atterbury, ConnectEd; Peter Sibley, INFORM Journeys; Tina Ngo Bartel, San Diego Workforce Partnership; Richard Barrera, San Diego Unified School District Board of Education; and Keith Nuthall, Del Lago Academy
- 10:45am – 11:05am: Transition and networking
- 11:05am – 11:45am: Breakout Session 1
- 11:45am – 11:55am: Transition and networking
- 11:55am – 12:35pm: Breakout Session 2
- 12:30pm – 2:00pm: Lunch, closing remarks, and networking
There will be three different breakout session rooms for participants to join:
- “Building a regional career pathways system: Get to know the College and Career Readiness Consortium”: Moderated by Brian Butler, San Diego County Office of Education. Panelists to include representatives from the Consortium.
- “Preparing our teachers for career pathways expansion”: Moderated by Nancy Farnan, San Diego State University. Panelists to include Kris Rodenburg, San Diego State University, Dr. Lee Hubbard, University of San Diego, and Dr. Jo Birdsell, National University.
- “Help San Diego students navigate their journey: A demonstration of the INFORM Journeys platform”: Moderated by the INFORM Journeys team.
David W. Andrews, Ph.D.
President, National University
Director, District and Regional Support, ConnectEd: The California Center for College and Career
Career Pathways Teacher
Director of Community & Government Relations, North Orange County Chamber of Commerce
CEO, EDmin Inc., INFORM Journeys
Tina Ngo Bartel
Director of Business Programs and Research, San Diego Workforce Partnership
Board of Education, District D, San Diego Unified School District
Principal, Del Lago Academy
Follow Keith on Twitter
Nancy Farnan, Ph.D.
Professor Emeritus, San Diego State University
Follow Nancy on LinkedIn
J. Kris Rodenburg, Ph.D.
Professor, San Diego State University
Lea Hubbard, Ph.D.
Professor and Department Chair of Leadership Studies, University of San Diego
Jo Birdsell, Ph.D.
Professor, National University
Downloads from Keynote Presentation with Rob Atterbury, ConnectEd: The California Center for College and Career:
- Transforming Education through Linked Learning One Sheet
- San Diego College and Career Readiness Consortium Employer Commitment Form
- Join the LinkedIn group called “CFF Career Pathways Network“
- Follow CFF on Twitter
- Follow CFF on LinkedIn
- Follow CFF’s CEO James Wright on LinkedIn
- Follow INFORM Journeys on Twitter
- Get CFF E-news updates on future events
Please don’t hesitate to contact James Wright at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.
Special thanks to INFORM Journeys for their generous support of the Career Pathways Summit, National University for hosting the event on their beautiful campus, and all of our wonderful panelists and presenters!
Together, we can prepare San Diego students to be our future workforce.