The Classroom of the Future Foundation (CFF) will be hosting a summit on Tuesday, September 25th from 8:30am-2:00pm for education, business, and nonprofit leaders in our region to explore delivering college and career readiness for our students
SUMMIT LEARNING OBJECTIVES
- To understand how the expansion of career pathways is a means for equity in education
- To understand the latest professional, best practice research on career pathways and work-based learning opportunities in classrooms today, with an emphasis on the changes needed to daily instruction
- To understand how we can achieve collective social impact and provide every learner with a relevant experience to be future ready
- 8:30am – 9:30am: Guest check in, continental breakfast, and networking
- 9:30am – 9:45am: Welcome and Opening Remarks
- 9:45am – 10:55am: Keynote Presentation and Panel Discussion
- 10:55am – 11:05am: Transition and networking
- 11:05am – 11:45am: Breakout Session 1
- 11:45am – 11:55am: Transition and networking
- 11:55am – 12:35pm: Breakout Session 2
- 12:35pm – 2:00pm: Lunch and networking
The summit will feature a keynote presentation by Dr. Charles Steinberg, President of the Pawtucket Red Sox (Boston Red Sox Triple-A affiliate). Dr. Steinberg served in the front office for the San Diego Padres during the 1998 National League Championship season and was instrumental in the campaign to build PETCO Park. His 40+ year career in Major League Baseball started with an internship with the Baltimore Orioles, which changed the trajectory of his life. Dr. Steinberg’s keynote will address the importance of work-based learning experiences for all students. Read his full bio here. The summit will also include an amazing group of panelists, breakout session presenters, and lots of networking.
Please direct any questions about the event to Jane Schlosberg at email@example.com or 858-292-3869.
Special thanks to the San Diego County Office of Education, National University, Journeys, ConnectEd, the World of Work Network, our other event sponsors, and all of our wonderful panelists, and presenters!
Together, we can prepare San Diego students to be our future workforce.