The Classroom of the Future Foundation (CFF) will be hosting a summit on Tuesday, September 20th from 8:00am-2:00pm for the education and business community around career pathways. The theme of the summit is “Discover Your Journey: A Career Pathways Summit for the San Diego Community.” The event is free to attend.
- To understand how we can achieve collective social impact to help prepare students for college and career
- To understand what technical and essential skills are needed from San Diego students to fulfill industry needs
- To understand professional, best practice research on career pathways, work-based learning, and linked learning approaches in classrooms today
- To understand how educators can better connect their lessons to the world of work, and engage the business community to provide these experiences
- To understand how educators can help students discover their strengths, weaknesses, and interests for potential careers in the classroom and navigate their way to those opportunities
- 8:00am – 9:00am: Guest check in, continental breakfast, and networking
- 9:00am – 9:15am: Welcome by Summit MC Drew Schlosberg, San Diego Union-Tribune; Dr. David Andrews, President, National University; Peter Sibley, CEO, INFORM Journeys; and James Wright, CEO, Classroom of the Future Foundation
- 9:15am – 10:00am: Keynote Presentation by Rob Atterbury, Director, District and Regional Support, ConnectEd: The California Center for College and Career
- 10:00am – 10:45am: Main Panel Discussion: Moderated by Drew Schlosberg, San Diego Union-Tribune; Panelists include: Rob Atterbury, ConnectEd; Peter Sibley, INFORM Journeys; Tina Ngo Bartel, San Diego Workforce Partnership; Richard Barrera, San Diego Unified School District Board of Education; and Keith Nuthall, Del Lago Academy
- 10:45am – 11:15am: Transition and networking
- 11:15am – 11:45am: Breakout Session 1
- 11:45am – 12:00pm: Transition and networking
- 12:00pm – 12:30pm: Breakout Session 2
- 12:30pm – 2:00pm: Lunch and networking
There will be three different breakout session rooms for participants to join:
- “Building a regional career pathways system: Get to know the College and Career Readiness Consortium”: Moderated by Brian Butler, San Diego County Office of Education. Panelists to include representatives from the Consortium.
- “Preparing our teachers for career pathways expansion”: Moderated by Nancy Farnan, San Diego State University. Panelists to include Kris Rodenburg, San Diego State University and Dr. Lee Hubbard, University of San Diego.
- “Help San Diego students navigate their journey: A demonstration of the INFORM Journeys platform”: Moderated by the INFORM Journeys team.
Please direct any questions about the event or any interest in getting involved to Jane Schlosberg at email@example.com or 858-292-3869.
Special thanks to INFORM Journeys for their generous support of the Career Pathways Summit, National University for hosting the event on their beautiful campus, and all of our wonderful panelists and presenters!
Together, we can prepare San Diego students to be our future workforce.