The nomination deadline for the Innovation in Education Awards has been extended to Friday, March 18th. The Classroom of the Future Foundation (CFF) encourages educators to apply today for the following awards:
- inspire Award: This award illustrates the unique attributes of the program that gets kids excited about learning. This award specifically focuses on the program characteristics responsible for increasing student interest and enhancing student learning.
- innovate Award: This award showcases the
creative innovations of the programs that facilitate enhanced learning. This award specifically focuses on the uniqueness of the “program actions” that increase student interest and drive achievement.
- achieve Award: This award demonstrates the tangible program results that drive student learning. It specifically focuses on the “program evidence” that directly correlates to positive student outcomes.
- impact Award: This award is a best-of-show award given to the one program that best embodies all three attributes – inspire, innovate and achieve.
There is $25,000 in funding available for the recipients of these awards. Award nominations can be made by district educators, parents, or business leaders. Nominations are reviewed by a panel of judges, and announced at the Innovation in Educations Awards event on May 25, 2016 at the University of San Diego.
- Cash: CFF provides a $5,000 grant to the school or district for the inspire, innovate, and achieve awards. CFF provides a $10,000 grant for the impact award, the best of the best.
- Recognition: The CFF website will list the awardee’s innovative programs, in addition to showcasing them in the San Diego Union Tribune.
- Event participation: An invitation to the Innovation in Education Awards event for eight people is included for the winners.
- Video profile: CFF creates a brief, 2-3 minute video profile that documents each award. The video appears during the Innovation in Education Awards, and is archived on the CFF website.
- Satisfaction: The process of preparing a substantial and convincing nomination will provide you with a sense of satisfaction and pride in your program.
- Award: CFF presents an award suitable for a display case that recognizes the program and its school or district. In addition, a CFF pennant suitable for display in the classroom or school will be provided to each award recipient.
How to Nominate?
- Please don’t hesitate to contact CFF at (858) 292-3869, or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.