Join Sal Khan in San Diego as he tells the inspiring story of how he founded the not-for-profit Khan Academy and how the organization is educating millions of people worldwide. Sal will also share his thoughts on what education reimagined could look like and how his dream of “providing a free, world-class education for anyone, anywhere” could become a reality.
Sal Khan is the Founder and Chief Executive Officer of Khan Academy. The Academy’s mission is to provide a free, world-class education for anyone, anywhere using a learning platform comprised of instructional videos, practice exercises, dashboard analytics, and teacher tools which empower learners inside and outside the classroom to learn at their own pace. Khan Academy currently reaches over 26 million registered students in more than 190 countries.
Khan holds three degrees from MIT and a MBA from Harvard Business School. He was recognized as one of TIME Magazine’s “100 Most Influential People in the World” in 2012.
Khan has spoken at top-tier universities across the country including MIT, Harvard, Stanford and Berkeley. He currently sits on the Board of the Aspen Institute—an educational and policy studies institute with a mission to foster leadership based on enduring values and to provide a nonpartisan venue for dealing with critical issues.
DATE AND TIME
Thursday, October 1, 2015 from 4 p.m. to 7 p.m.
Joan B. Kroc Institute for Peace and Justice, Theatre
- Participation fee $50 per person* – Discounted fee for groups for 10+
- *There is no charge for USD Faculty, Staff and Students
- Individual registration may be completed on line at: http://spotlight1516.kintera.org/
- Registration for groups of 5+ or for additional information, please contact Andrea Cornell: (619) 260-8839 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- No Charge for USD Affiliates. Seating is limited. Please RSVP by 09/25/2015 to email@example.com