During this difficult and uncertain time of the COVID-19 outbreak, the Classroom of the Future Foundation (CFF) stands ready to support all of our San Diego County students, families, and educators.
CFF is an extension of the San Diego County Office of Education (SDCOE) and we share their commitment to provide students and families with critical resources, as well as learning opportunities for educators to help facilitate distance learning.
We encourage you to review the following resources from SDCOE:
- SDCOE’s COVID-19 website features resources for all types of educators related to the pandemic and school closures. This includes distance learning information, a list of materials by content area, webinars, and free video conferencing tools.
- SDCOE teams are offering virtual open houses and office hours focused on instructional strategies on a variety of topics related to distance learning.
- SDCOE has open online courses available where you can learn about using the Canvas learning management system, designing online courses, and using video conferencing.
- SDCOE has resources related to college and career readiness that are available to help introduce students to career-readiness knowledge and support them as they create a personal career action plan.
- SDCOE and CFF are hosting a free #GoOpen Online Summit LIVE event on April 2nd, to help educators enhance their current programs and use open educational resources to create meaningful lessons for students. You can register here for this virtual event.
- The continuation of school meal programs in a safe way during the COVID-19 pandemic is critical. SDCOE has published a list of known school food service sites open during school closures here.
If you have any questions about these resources, please do not hesitate to contact James Wright at the Classroom of the Future Foundation at email@example.com.
We thank all of our educators, healthcare workers, government officials, grocery store workers, and other essential community personnel for their dedicated support during this challenging time.