The Classroom of the Future Foundation (CFF) is accepting volunteers for it’s 14th annual Innovation in Education Awards on May 24, 2017 at SeaWorld.
This event brings together more than 500 educators and business leaders to highlight champions of educational innovation in the community, as well as exceptional students pursuing careers in STEM education.
Please let us know if you are interested in becoming a volunteer and assisting with the following duties:
The Week before the Event (shift time is flexible)
- Make name badges and award certificates
- Check and organize all trophies, certificates, name badges, awards, opportunity drawing items, etc. and package for transport to event
Day of the Event (1pm to 4pm on May 24th)
- Set up reception registration table – arrange name badges with lanyards in alphabetical order, organize check in lists, have pens and extra name badges ready
- Assist with set up of banners, posters, and other decor
- Assist award-winning students with the set up of their display tables (likely to include technology)
- Set up opportunity drawing and donation tables
- Assist exhibit table sponsors with the set up of their display tables (likely to include technology)
- Set up seating in Mission Bay Theater – place ribbons on aisles in theater
- Set up stage with award certificates and other awards and gifts that will be handed out that evening
- Assist floor manager with VIP walk through at 3pm
Evening of the Event (4pm to 9pm on May 24th)
- Check in guests at the Welcome Reception
- Assist photographer with photos as guests enter in front of the step and repeat
- Hand out trophies at presentation during VIP reception
- Sell opportunity drawing tickets
- Usher guests toward the theater at 6:00pm
- Hand out programs and assist guests to their seats in the theater
- Assist floor manager in lining up guests to enter and exit the stage
- Help guests return to their seats
- Deliver opportunity drawing items to winners
- Pick up leftover programs and items in the theater
- Package up trophies that were not picked up
- Assist with taking down banners, posters & display items
Please contact Jane Schlosberg, Programs Coordinator, at 858.292.3869 or email her at email@example.com if you are interested in volunteering.
We thank you for your interest and very much appreciate your willingness to assist CFF at our 14th annual Innovation in Education Awards.