The Classroom of the Future Foundation (CFF) is accepting volunteers for it’s thirteenth annual Innovation in Education Awards on May 25, 2016 at the University of San Diego.
This event brings together more than 500 educators and business leaders to highlight champions of educational innovation in the community, as well as exceptional students pursuing careers in STEM education.
Please let us know if you are interested in becoming a volunteer and assisting with the following duties:
The Week before the Event (shift time is flexible)
- Make name badges and award certificates
- Check and organize all trophies, certificates, name badges, awards, raffle items, etc. and package for transport to event
Day of the Event (1pm to 4pm on May 25th)
- Set up VIP reception registration table – arrange name badges with lanyards in alphabetical order, organize check in lists, have pens and extra name badges ready
- Set up general reception registration table – arrange name badges in alphabetical order, organize check in lists, have pens and extra name badges ready
- Set up trophy table at the VIP reception
- Assist with set up of banners, posters, and other decor
- Assist students with the set up of their display tables – 3 in general reception and 1 in VIP reception – this may include helping them to set up laptops
- Set up opportunity drawing and donation tables
- Set up seating in theatre – place ribbons on aisles in theatre
- Set up stage with award certificates and other awards and gifts that will be handed out that evening
Evening of the Event (4pm to 9pm on May 25th)
- Check in guests at the VIP Reception table
- Check in guests at the general reception table
- Assist photographer with photos as guests enter in front of the step and repeat
- Hand out trophies at presentation during VIP reception
- Sell raffle tickets
- Usher guests into theatre at 6:15pm
- Hand out programs and assist guests to their seats in the theatre
- Assist floor manager in lining up guests to enter and exit the stage
- Help guests return to their seats
- Deliver raffle items to winners
- Let guests know about shuttle service as they leave
- Pick up leftover programs and items in the theatre
- Package up trophies that were not picked up
- Assist with taking down banners, posters & display items
Please contact Jane Schlosberg, Programs Coordinator, at 858.292.3869 or email her at firstname.lastname@example.org if you are interested in volunteering.
We thank you for your interest and very much appreciate your willingness to assist CFF at our thirteenth annual Innovation in Education Awards.